For this week's freebie Friday, I present to you an easy to understand "Insider’s Guide to ISO Management Systems and Compliance".
This is a really informative short series of video blogs from Andrew Thornhill from IRM Systems in Melbourne, Australia answers the most common questions he gets from his customers to help you in your journey towards ISO certification.
Andrew has decades of knowledge and experience in developing integrated, easy to understand management systems that suit your team.
1. Insider’s Guide to ISO Management
In this video Andrew gives an overview of what is covered in the series
2. The Compliance Eco System Explained
Here is a clear explanation of the ISO Eco System, clarifying who the different parties are and what the role they have and where they fit in. He also gives some sage advice on how to identify a certification body and ensure that they are accredited.
3. What is ISO Certification
Andrew takes you through the ISO certification process giving you his number one tip for any organisation looking at developing a management system and getting certification.
4. How to Get Certified to ISO
Follow these 9 easy steps to get your organisation ready to obtain the following ISO certification:
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
- ISO 45001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management
- ISO 22000 - Food Management
5. How Much Does it Cost to Get ISO Certified?
Andrew looks at the costs involved for your organisation to become certified and explains the differences between audit costs and other fees.
6. Should You Implement a Management System
How do you know if you should implement a Management System?
In this video Andrew gives his number one strategy for understanding the scope of work involved in implementing a management system.
7. Benefits of Implementing a Management System
Andrew shares some of the benefits that come out implementing a management system which might not be immediately obvious.
8. What Evidence Does an Auditor Need to See During An Audit?
This video blog gives you Andrew’s 3 top tips on things you can do prior to the audit to ensure it will be managed efficiently right the way through.
9. How do you Implement a Management System?
Whichever stage you are on your journey to implementing you Management System, it’s important you know the most effective way so Andrew gives you his 5 tips to consider when going through this process.
10. What Documentation do we need in our ISO Management System?
If you’re writing policies and procedures one of the management systems such as Quality, Safety or Food Safety then this video is for you!
Andrew takes you through the terminology used in the standards and how to work out whether they mean a document or a record.