Your ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 audits must be conducted by 15th March 2018
The International Accreditation Forum (IAF) have announced that conformity assessment bodies (CABs) must conduct all initial surveillance and re-certification audits by the 15th March 2018 for organisations transitioning to the new versions of ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015.
As the transition period draws towards a close, those organistions who are needing to upgrade to the new versions of the international standards are encouraged to do so before March 2018.
It is clear that this resolution will put CABs under the pump to meet this deadline.
If your organisation is needing to get certified to the new versions of ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 then you must book your organisation in for an audit with a CAB before the 15th March 2018. Due to the high demand of CABs leading up to this time, we recommend that you get in early!
The ISO 9001 standard has had a few changes made to it, these include:
- Encourages leadership in the management system
- Introduces risk-based thinking
- Aligns the quality management system policy and objectives with the overall strategy of the organisation
The changes in ISO 14001 focus on key issues such as:
- Protecting the environment
- Improving environmental performance
- Lifecycle thinking
- Organisations’ environmental leadership
- Initial CAB audits must be conducted by the 15th March 2018.
- If you are needing to transition then contact your CAB ASAP!
- Transition to these standards takes place on 18th September 2018. Failure to certify to the new standards could impact your businesses ability to supply to all markets