In this blog you will discover 6 insights from 242 companies that are certified to ISO Management System standards.
We created the ISO Insights Report 2019 so that we could share some of the best practice lessons of being certified to international management system standards from ISO (International Organization for Standardization).
We wanted to know “what makes some companies more satisfied with being certified than others”.
So from May 2019 to July 2019 we surveyed 242 organizations worldwide on the value they were getting from having certification to ISO management standards. The anonymous survey was conducted online via the Mango website and social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
These organizations are certified to one or more of these international management systems standards:
- ISO 9001 (quality)
- ISO 14001 (environmental)
- ISO 45001 (health and safety)
- ISO 22000 (food safety)
- ISO 27001 (information security)
The data has given us some expected and unexpected insights.
So how can you, a QHSE professional, get some actionable items from this report?
Well we’re answering that question with six insights; these are specific findings to help your compliance system grow, based on the data we’ve gathered.
I hope it proves an interesting and, more importantly, a useful read.
Download your FREE Report here.
The insights were:
- Stop focusing on compliance. Instead focus on improvements.
- Spending time on making improvements reduces time for compliance activities.
- Committed Leadership increases satisfaction with certification.
- Committed Leadership increases participation.
- Reason for getting certified is different to maintaining certification.
- Employee participation drops off with larger businesses.